£19,890.00 per annum
Full Time - Permanent
1. Staffing the help desk/reception area at all times and maintaining a welcoming, tidy and clean reception
2. Greeting visitors in a friendly and efficient way
3. Answering and directing telephone calls, taking messages and dealing with general queries. Handling Coin Streets incoming and outgoing mail
4. Acknowledging incoming emails and dealing with queries promptly; logging maintenance requests and directing them to the relevant team
5. Remaining up-to-date with all of Coin Streets activities in order to provide correct information in response to queries
6. Provide servicing support to community programmes activities and any other commercial events in accordance with the daily schedule
7. To handle monies in-keeping with the organisations financial procedures
8. Keep up to date and maintain a good knowledge of safety, fire safety and evacuation procedures
9. To support other teams and colleagues with their administrative tasks
• To comply with the Group’s Equal Opportunities policies.
• To comply with the Group’s Health & Safety policies.
• To comply with the Group’s Safeguarding policies.
• To comply with the Group’s ICT policies and procedures.
• To promote an organisational culture that reflects the Group’s values:
o Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
o Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow, and achieve more together
o Committed: I do what I say I am going to do, and do the best job I can.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Educated to A Level
• Proven experience of successfully working in a similar role
• Proven experience of working in a public facing environment
SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
• Excellent communicator (written, telephone, face to face) at all levels
• High level of customer service skills
• Positive, enthusiastic and confident approach
• Good computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent computer skills, including data inputting
• High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to grasp and retain information
• Ability to learn new skills and multi-task
• Team player and able to work confidentially on own initiative
• Good time management and organised approach
• Flexible and ‘can do’ attitude
• Able to commit to working evenings and weekends as required
We have an exciting opportunity for a Help Desk Team Member. This role is responsible for providing a welcoming, efficient, knowledgeable, friendly and reliable service in person, by phone and in writing to staff, users of the Coin Street neighbourhood centre and all those enquiring about Coin Street products and services.
The neighbourhood centre is open from 7am-9.30pm seven days a week. We are looking for someone to work flexible hours, including weekends but principally you will be required to work Monday-Wednesday, 1pm-9.30pm, Thursday-Friday, 10.30am-7pm and Saturdays on rotation. Closing times are dependent on activities and you may be required to work a later shift on Thursdays and/or Fridays. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
•Previous experience in a similar customer service role
•Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
•Excellent time management and organisational skills
•Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
This is a great opportunity for you to help to make Coin Street a great place to live, work in and visit so if you’ve got these skills we’d love to hear from you!
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
About Coin Street
Coin Street Community Builders is part of a central London community creating an inspirational neighbourhood. We have been doing that since 1984. We have transformed a largely derelict area into a thriving place for people to live, work and visit by creating co-operative homes, public realm shops, restaurants and meeting spaces.
We are a social enterprise. That means income we generate stays in the neighbourhood. It’s used to improve and maintain our neighbourhood including managing and maintaining Bernie Spain Gardens and the riverside walkway and providing a range of programmes and activities for families, children, young people, adults and older people in Waterloo and North Southwark.
Our values are:
•Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
•Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together
•Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process
For full details about the post and to download a full job description and application form please follow below link:
Closing date: 9am, Tuesday 16 January 2018.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on week commencing Monday 22 January 2018.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.