Full time, permanent
The generation of sustainable commercial income is vital to our success as Coin Street does not receive grant funding to develop and maintain the site or deliver its community programmes and care activities. The conference and meeting income is an important contributor to the group income and a key area for future growth.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales and Events Co-ordinator to join our small but dedicated team, you will be taking events from enquiry, through planning to reconciliation. You will be responsible for securing sales from new and existing clients as well as managing event logistics in close liaison with our operational team. You will ensure the venue provides outstanding service and maximises its potential.
As part of the Commercial team you will help to deliver over 600 events from our venues and will be continually building partnerships and liaising with key stakeholders across the South Bank areas. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
• At least two years’ experience in a similar role or sector
• Experience of working in a proactive sales environment
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines
• Experience of co-ordinating and organising events, ideally in a conference and meeting setting
• Ability to take the initiative and an enthusiastic, proactive approach to work
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to comfortably converse with individuals inside and outside the organisation
• Experience of using CRM and event management systems and Microsoft Office programmes including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
Coin Street Community Builders has transformed a largely derelict area on London’s South Bank into a thriving place for people to live, work and visit.
Our 13-acre estate includes designer-maker studios, exhibition and conference spaces, cafes, bars and restaurants, parks, the riverside walkway, award winning co-operative housing and a family and children’s centre. We also provide a wide programme of community activities.
With around 85 employees, we’re small and nimble but we have big ambitions and are always exploring and developing new ways to make our offices a great place to work. In return for your hard work as well as a competitive salary you can enjoy a range of benefits including our cycle-to-work scheme, free gym membership, 27 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro-rated for part-time employees), generous pension scheme and much much more.
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
• Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things;
• Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together;
• Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process.
Please apply for this role via our website and send a completed application form and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday 14 June 2018. Please note that interviews are scheduled to take place on 21 June 2018.