c. £9.50 per hour (commensurate with experience)
Greensmiths needs a Junior Chef/Kitchen Assistant to join their small, friendly kitchen team. The main parts of the job are:
- Supporting the chef in all areas of food preparation & presentation;
- Cleaning & washing up (which is a responsibility shared amongst the whole kitchen team).
The benefits & attractions of the job include:
- Variety: no two days are the same;
- Working hours confined to Greensmiths' shop opening hours (Mon/Fri 8-8; Sat 8-6) - 5 straight shifts, no splits, no late nights;
- Scope for development in the job;
- Generous staff discount system.
The successful applicant will have the following skills / experience / attitude:
- Some professional kitchen experience (this is highly desirable, though not essential);
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Willingness to listen & learn as well as the ambition to develop in the role;
- Good English language skills in speaking & understanding.
Close to Waterloo station, Greensmiths is a local, independent grocer & café. The entire shop serves as the stockroom for Greensmiths’ on-site kitchen.
You can apply by sending your CV & a Covering Letter to Chris Smith at email@example.com with Junior Chef/Kitchen Assistant in the subject line; alternatively, you can bring a CV & Covering Letter into the shop: Greensmiths - 27 Lower Marsh - London - SE1 7RG.
Please note, only those eligible to live & work in the UK should apply.