Roof top extension to Guinness Court Snowsfields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 16 March 2016 3.41pm
Any thoughts on the proposal to build 30 new homes on top of the existing Guinness Court buildings located in Snowsfields? the rumours are they will be private, glass penthouses!

I think its a ridiculous idea to build new homes on the roof of this historical building - looks like the Guinness Partnership developers are jumping on the bandwagon as this area is one of London's housing hotspots ...
jpm
Wednesday 16 March 2016 4.09pm
Not that ridiculous, as the building originally had two extra floors on. So it could be argued that this is a return to history.

As to what the floors will look like and whether they will provide much-needed social housing like the rest of the blocks do, well that's a question for today.
Wednesday 16 March 2016 4.17pm
That photo is not Guinness Court, Snowsfields. Quite obviously.
Wednesday 16 March 2016 6.07pm
Pages Walk one Beetroot?
Thursday 17 March 2016 9.40am
I believe so, Jan. This is the Snowsfields estate with it's top two floors still on.

If they could restore it to look like that, I'm all for it but it it probably will be glass boxes. The primary school don't use the area where the fourth Guinness block was so that could be rebuilt too. Not gonna happen but would be good.
Thursday 17 March 2016 10.02am
Guinness Trust are obviously rubbing their hands together and looking forward to a bit of cash to waste somewhere else! Will be interesting to see if it does get approved.
Thursday 17 March 2016 10.15am
Absolutely - I doubt very much the luxury penthouses will be aimed for social housing tenants, the properties will no doubt be sold off on the open market for profit.

With the tenants that already live there having to fork out for the extra services, like the new lifts they want to install in each block, CCTV, entry gates to the estate……

I welcome new developments in SE1 of new council/social rented homes, but not for profit!

http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/residents-of-guinness-court-in-snowsfield-protest-disgraceful-plans-to-build-more-homes-at-the-historic-site/
Thursday 17 March 2016 10.24am
lilypod wrote:
With the tenants that already live there having to fork out for the extra services, like the new lifts they want to install in each block, CCTV, entry gates to the estate……

Likewise, we have a charge for new trees on our recent statement. There has been no consultation regarding this. They don't want to meet tenants to discuss anything now, they just hide away in their offices down in Crawley and let our estates get run down.
Thursday 17 March 2016 10.38am
How did the top floors vanish? Fire? Such a pity those beautiful trees were chopped down, they were already quite big on your picture, which dates from when?
Thursday 17 March 2016 12.41pm
There was a fire. I think it was in one of the large blocks. It was decided that the top floors of all the blocks should be removed.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: