Kate Hoey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Tuesday 28 June 2016 11.49am
. Kate you are a top person and a top MP. .. I only wish you were my MP. Never mind you are not far away when i need you for sime wise words of comfort etc. There is no substitute for experience.
As the old hymnwriter opines "experience will decide" (Through all the changing scenes of life)
Tuesday 28 June 2016 1.55pm
She ignored her constituents and voted for what she believed in personally. I trust that all other MPs, who apparently overwhelmingly support the UK remaining a member of the EU, do likewise when the referendum result is brought before Parliament. I look forward to seeing her supporters accepting this. We are still, I hope, a Parliamentary democracy.
Tuesday 28 June 2016 2.07pm
Listen to her interview with James Hatts on this website.
Zoe
Tuesday 28 June 2016 2.50pm
I don't think she should stand down, she is a good MP and she has the right to vote the way she wishes to, I think she is wrong but we live in a democracy and all of our views are equally valid. What I objected to, however was her campaigning with Nigel Farage, the man who whipped up racism and just lied to win votes. For that she should be ashamed.
Tuesday 28 June 2016 3.15pm
Like him or loathe him - and for the avoidance of any doubt I fall into the latter category - were it not for Farage/UKIP I doubt the referendum would have even taken place. Although not a Labour supporter in any sense, Kate Hoey is clearly a principled and decent person. I'd have her as my MP any day over Neil Coyle.
Tuesday 28 June 2016 3.59pm
If Farage really had wanted the referendum he wouldn't have wasted 17 years in Brussels lining his pockets. Shame that the only real anti-establishment politician we have, Corbyn, is being ousted as we speak. Sad days for Britain, it'll take a long time to come back from all this and there will irreparable damage. Sadiq Khan is currently the only silver lining. Many Leave voters were motivated by bitter resentment, and now they've made most of the country resentful.

If there's anything we have Farage to thank for, it's this kind of thing.
Tuesday 28 June 2016 4.19pm
Luke, I believe the referendum made the decision and Parliament can only endorse it.
We, Kate Hoey's constituents have to accept the result whether we agree with her backing the Leave campaign or not.
Her vote counted exactly the same as mine, no more no less.
I do hope that you are not saying she should stand down because she supported Leave.
You either believe in democracy or you do not, you cannot pick and choose the bits that suit you and reject the rest. Would you exile her and disenfranchise the majority of the electorate who disagreed with you on this matter?
Except for the odd person on the Leave side I have not heard the undemocratic remarks which I hear emanating from the Remainders.
A second referendum?
A petition started on foreign shores with more people signing it from within The Vatican than live there to be taken seriously?
Kate Hoey often votes against the party whip, she does what she believes is right and she will continue to get my vote at General Elections as she always had even though I disagree with her at times. It will be ,us, her constituents who will decide her future not dissatisfied Remainders.
Tuesday 28 June 2016 4.55pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Many Leave voters were motivated by bitter resentment, and now they've made most of the country resentful.

Edward, that's a load of rubbish. In case you've forgotten, most of the country voted to leave.
Tuesday 28 June 2016 8.34pm
Lambeth Labour councillor Ed Davie (chair of the borough's overview & scrutiny committee) has called on Kate Hoey to "follow Corbyn out the door"

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 28 June 2016 10.32pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Many Leave voters were motivated by bitter resentment, and now they've made most of the country resentful.

Edward, that's a load of rubbish. In case you've forgotten, most of the country voted to leave.

No. A small majority voted to leave and many regret that. Also, the bitter and racist hate campaigns show that they're still resentful. Now they've also made the rest of the country, who voted in resentful. With Scotland and Wales now considering independence, Farage's "legacy" is hate, polarisation, chaos, possibly violence and the destruction of the UK. What else can you expect from a a career politician and opportunist. There's nothing good about that Poundland Powell. It's actually offensive to Poundland to call him that.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network