The New Fire Safety Front Doors

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 6 February 2017 6.46pm
We was supposed to have these fire safety front doors fitted last August, then company changeover was told be this year. Then told to be end of Jan in Feb with a flimsy piece of A4 paper stuck through the door, we have heard nothing at all from them as to when they will even fit them since the flimsy paper drop off. Its a pretty low way of doing things as residents have not had any notification or any appointments made so they can make arrangements to take time off work as been told it will take a day to fit the door on since they got to cut the frames out. We got told it will take a couple of weeks to our block end of January. I rang them and they said they wasnt sure when it was to be done and he took my number and no one rang back. My neighbour also tried and got same result. Someone told me the council are going against health and safety fire regulations if they are not fitted. I think I was told their deadline is mid March to have them all done. Originally they even asked us what colour doors we wanted. The company doing them is called Shellen. Who have taken over from Keepmoat..

Any thoughts or any past experiences with Shellen comments welcome or general opinion.

thanks...
Monday 13 February 2017 4.55pm
I heard they had a warehouse fire last year and their orders are way behind schedule. We're still waiting to hear about front doors where I live .. could be a long wait.
Monday 13 February 2017 7.22pm
bref-tastic wrote:
I heard they had a warehouse fire last year and their orders are way behind schedule. We're still waiting to hear about front doors where I live .. could be a long wait.
Thanks for the information I didnt know that, I guess our doors got burned up in the fire then, Like yourself we have heard nothing, we were supposed to be contacted by now, they said end of Jan for a two week period to do on our block, heard nothing. when you phone you either get a voice mail with no call return or a person say we get someone to ring you back and they dont.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network