Hungerford coach car park - posh flats garden

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 3 April 2017 3.58pm
Hello.
Was talking to someone who works on udderbelly the other week
He said that because of the posh new flats they cannot have a an upside cow for the next tow years as residents will object to it
He also said the festivals days are numbered and will only go on for 2 more years because...
the care park has been sold through shell to the developer and it is intended for use as a private garden for the owners of the posh new flats that no one in waterloo can afford ...
He might have got it all wrong... I hope so... does anyone know the future of the car park / land?
Monday 3 April 2017 4.17pm
The developers of the Shell Centre do have a plan to acquire the coach park - but to extend Jubilee Gardens, not as a private garden.

This was announced back in 2013:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/6844

Undoubtedly a key motivation behind this scheme is protecting the river views of the flats they are building.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 3 April 2017 4.26pm
That's good news... do you thinks iota possible the developer could change its mind and take them private or would the sale have stipulated its for public use / extension of jubilee...
let's hope the do something good with it.. will miss the underbelly festival
Monday 3 April 2017 5.52pm
James Hatts wrote:
Undoubtedly a key motivation behind this scheme is protecting the river views of the flats they are building.

Yes, especially because the most luxurious and expensive block they are building ("The Belvedere") is on Belvedere Road adjacent to the railway line.

On a similar note, I wonder what the new residents of One Tower Bridge will think of all the festivals held in Potters Fields throughout the summer...
Monday 3 April 2017 6.35pm
Most of south bank place has been sold to foreign investors according to the standard so I doubt they will care .. probably the same at tower bridge

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: