enforcement of double yellow lines

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 18 April 2017 7.32pm
Does anyone know how i can get Southwark Council to enforce double yellow parking during late evening/early morning? Every weekend I have cars parked on double yellow lines, on the pavement under my window and in the disabled bay under another window.
Wednesday 19 April 2017 8.08am
Are you sure they are enforceable evenings and weekends? not all double yellows mean you cannot park there at anytime some of them have periods of operation which should be sign posted
The disabled bay should be a no no without a blue badge but if not being enforced........

suggest if not take lots of photos and give them to parking department/local councillors (point out how much money they could be making if enforced the parking restrictions) and of course our MP as I am sure in the next 8 weeks he will be only too happy to help!!
Wednesday 19 April 2017 12.18pm
This is from askthepolice.co.uk,

Unless you have a disabled parking permit you are not permitted to park on double yellow lines at any time, the restrictions apply 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year. There are a very few exceptions to this and there will be signs to indicate times/dates where it may be permitted.

You could face a fine if you park illegally or you could even have your car towed away.

From me,
Remember both police and parking enforcement can be afflicted with chronic myopia, at any time.
Wednesday 19 April 2017 6.56pm
^
^^

Thank you both for posting. I did think it was unlawful at all times, yet Southwark Council know it is happening but do nothing about it. They could indeed make a fortune every Friday and Saturday evening/early morning but do not appear interested when this has been pointed out to them. I like the idea about seeing Neil Coyle. Simon Hughes was always vert good dealing with these type of issues. I shall pursue...I have started to twitter the photos - of which i have a hundred of so, but i am a novice tweeter so hot quite sure if i am doing the right thing.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network