Giddy Grocer on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 5 May 2017 5.11pm
Just saw this pop up on Bermondsey Street.

Do we have any more details other than the name and logo? Opening? Looks great, hopefully it'll find a place.
Friday 5 May 2017 5.46pm
There's a bit of info on Instagram:

"Traditional grocery store offering a carefully curated selection of high quality, primarily British, products"

https://www.instagram.com/giddygrocer/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 8 May 2017 1.06am
"Carefully curated"......fruit and veg. That's so so funny, I nearly ****** myself laughing.
Monday 8 May 2017 7.19pm
spacemaker wrote:
"Carefully curated"......fruit and veg. That's so so funny, I nearly ****** myself laughing.
Indeed. Carefully overpriced would probably be closer to the mark.
Monday 8 May 2017 8.32pm
Pretentious, moi?

carefully curated fruit and veg. What a load of tosh this marketing jargon is.
Glad others thought so too
Tuesday 9 May 2017 9.17am
Will the carrots be asked their views on Brexit?
Tuesday 9 May 2017 2.14pm
I would be quite happy to sell my produce from my allotment to them. It just keeps on growing and I give it away to random people on the street and bus!. It makes their day :).
Tuesday 9 May 2017 4.02pm
Maybe you will only be able to cross the threshold if you are inked and bearded.
Tuesday 9 May 2017 8.44pm
The shop is owned by Chris Hall, a long time resident of Bermondsey Street with the involvement of Simon Lyons who owns B Street Deli. My understanding is it will be something like Greensmiths on Lower Marsh street behind Waterloo Station (though it will all be done by Chris, no concession operators) with an emphasis on a range of natural quality products from small independent British producers.

If you don't mind eating industrially farmed and heavily processed foods you'll probably continue to find Tesco and Sainsbury's a cheaper and more logical alternative.

Many of us want to support independent British producers with the ethical implications that support implies (humane animal husbandry, no pesticides, good land management, etc.) but sadly without the efficiencies of scale of industrial farming, the products of small independents need to be more expensive for their businesses to be sustainable.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: