Tooley St & St Thomas St Traffic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 6 June 2017 8.52am
Does anyone know how the roads around London Bridge station will work when the works to the station are finished?

St Thomas street is still closed east of the Shard, but it seems to be laid out for a single lane of west-bound traffic when it does open.

Presumably Tooley St will revert to two-way traffic when the works finish, but only buses will be able to turn right into it from Borough High St.

So how will east-bound traffic from Southwark St get to Tower Bridge Rd/Jamaica Rd?

Is there a coherent plan, or will Long Lane remain a rat run?

Related news & features

Tuesday 6 June 2017 11.25am
There's a thread somewhere about Newcomen Street where James helpfully posted this map:

http://oldbermondseyforum.org/onewebmedia/Bermondsey%20Street%20area%20traffic%20plan.pdf
Tuesday 19 September 2017 4.38pm
Southwark is proposing to spend 150k of TfL money in the Long Lane area on a "feasibility study of area to address rat running, improve connection to Guy's Hospital and improvements to the C10 bus route".

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 28 February 2018 3.49pm
Consultation on revised arrangements for St Thomas Street launched today:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/9544

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 28 February 2018 7.43pm
Thanks for highlighting this James, much appreciated.

Some order certainly needs to be brought to the morning chaos that is created by the numerous delivery lorries servicing The Shard and the evening chaos created by the taxi & cabs also servicing The Shard. However, not sure that it makes any sense for TfL to create a taxi rank on Weston Street when slightly further down Weston Street the Council will be creating a Cycle Quietway.
Friday 2 March 2018 4.39pm
Great to see two way traffic resumed along Tooley street, taking pressure off TB
Sunday 4 March 2018 5.04pm
Tooley Street reopened both ways this afternoon,buses in both directions. However, NO bus-stops convenient for the new station entrance.
Monday 5 March 2018 9.49am
Isn't this just because London Bridge is closed? I think they'll close Tooley Street again once the gas repairs are completed and then re-open on the due date, sometime in May. I could be wrong about this though.
Monday 5 March 2018 10.02am
suziq wrote:
Isn't this just because London Bridge is closed? I think they'll close Tooley Street again once the gas repairs are completed and then re-open on the due date, sometime in May. I could be wrong about this though.

You're probably right, suziq - I was surprised to find it open myself!
Monday 5 March 2018 6.12pm
The buses that went eastbound along Tooley Street were diverted to Borough High Street, Great Dover Street and onto Tower Bridge Road whilst the London Bridge Station was being revamped. Now they are back to the original route again (albeit temporarily) but there is no indication on the bus stops on the diverted route - especially on BHS and GDS - to let passengers know that the buses they are waiting for are not arriving. The Bus App on my mobile is still showing the times they are expected.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network