Sky Broadband in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 7 August 2017 6.55pm
Is anyone else having problems with Sky Broadband in the SE1 area. Mine has been dropping out constantly for the last week. I've contacted Sky 4 times to try to sort it out but still no resolution with one call alone to their helpline costing 25. They tell me no one else in my area is having problems but I doubt that. Any views on this?
Tuesday 8 August 2017 5.14pm
No problems here, but their victim support service is not the best. Last time I had an issue it was suggested that the router was playing up. They suggested I did a forced reset on it. When that button was pressed, the telephone line went dead and would not work at all from then on with the router also connected. Upon calling them again (with the router disconnected) I was told that the router was faulty and I would have to pay 79 for a new one. "Excuse me", I said. "It was working until you told me to press the reset button". Took some haggling, but they eventually agreed to paying for a new router.
Wednesday 9 August 2017 6.47am
My wifi is down since yesterday afternoon
Been told that it's an exchange issue so it will have to be repaired by BT!
Told it will take 2-5 days to resolve although they expect it to be quicker.
Been told no automatic discount I would have to call to discuss and I will get a text once resolved.
All very frustrating when you work at home!
Wednesday 9 August 2017 11.17am
We've had lots of problems, increasingly so over the last month or so. Internet was always dropping out. To start with they said we needed new filters (?), but we changed those and no improvement. Yesterday we had a Sky engineer out to check our installation - he said it all looks OK, and if problems persist then it'll be an exchange issue and BT will need to look at it.

Even took a day off work for a Sky engineer to turn up who then didn't turn up. Poor show by Sky!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network