Loud scooter bikes up n down our road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 8 September 2017 5.44pm
These teenagers keep riding these loud scooter bikes, or motor bikes or whatever theyre called, up and down our side turning most days. Not only is it loud and very annoying, and also we cant have windows open as stinks of petrol. The police are no hope, last time took them over an hour to get here and the riders were gone then. They use our road like a speedway ralley. When neighbours told them to go, they ignore it and continue to ride up and down. well you get my meaning. There is no respect anymore. The law states to not taken into own hands in situations but they dont have to live with it and they are not there for people either anymore when needed, they dont have to live with this, we do. Even at council meetings nothing much is done but just talk..
Saturday 9 September 2017 9.40am
We'll all be paying for wardens within 10 years.
Saturday 9 September 2017 6.02pm
Thats probably right actually, the way its going.
Sunday 10 September 2017 9.32am
Whenever I see them they don't wear a helmet, ride on the wrong side of the street or cutting corners and make the whole place feel less safe or inviting to go outside.

I wish they would be confiscated and crushed.
Sunday 10 September 2017 3.32pm
Is it illegal to use stinger spike systems?
Sunday 10 September 2017 5.31pm
Police are getting more keen to deal with this.
In many cases the scooters are stolen and/or used to commit other crimes.
I would keep on reporting to the police.

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 10 September 2017 6.43pm
Now they put humps in our road to slow vehicles down so the bike riders just use the pavement instead.
Monday 11 September 2017 9.41am
Definitely keep reporting it to the Police There have been quite a few phone snatches around Greenland Dock and Canada Water by idiots on scooters so they should be interested. If they’re not wearing helmets then hopefully cctv is getting them. We had the same problem in our quiet road and without wishing to jinx things it seems to have stopped but no doubt they’ll be back. These scooters are stolen and there was a big ride out in central London from genuine motorcyclists at the weekend to protest about the Police not taking bike theft seriously. Unfortunately with a limited budget the Police can’t always act, but with these mobile phone snatches and acid attacks it does seem like things are changing, I’ve seen a few recent articles where the Police have managed to catch up with them.
Monday 11 September 2017 10.39am
If you could find a way of getting the media involved, I think you would see a massive improvement in response times.
Tuesday 12 September 2017 6.32pm
Its a waste of time calling police, only number have access to now is the 101 number and thats a waste of space, I have waited 45mins before on the 101 number getting hold of no one. Just an answer service, you cant ring police stations no more either to get them out quickly before the biker riders leave, so that just leaves 999 number then. And that is only for emergencies. Two police stations have closed down where we are to.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: