Rail works charing cross. Waterloo east etc

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 27 November 2017 7.47am
No station notices or announcements re these closures and Blackfriars bridge closed also they couldn't rub a !!!!!!!! In a brewery is the phrase I believe
Monday 27 November 2017 1.44pm
If you're referring to planned station closures and engineering works affecting services in the immediate future and over the holiday period, there is plenty of info on the national rail, thameslink and south eastern websites.
Monday 27 November 2017 2.36pm
There are copious train announcements 're 23rd Dec to 1st January closures but not re yesterday's Sunday closure.... even on the frequent flyers being posted around...... when is all this due to end? Appears to have been going on for yonks!
Monday 27 November 2017 3.30pm
The Blackfriars bridge closure was well reported on this website, although not sure about elsewhere.
Monday 27 November 2017 6.16pm
Yes Blackfriars bridge road but not the rail stations
Monday 27 November 2017 11.16pm
Paramount wrote:
There are copious train announcements 're 23rd Dec to 1st January closures but not re yesterday's Sunday closure.... even on the frequent flyers being posted around...... when is all this due to end? Appears to have been going on for yonks!

For a map of the South-Eastern engineering works for the weekend 25/26 November see https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/planned-engineering-work (where it is still on-line at the moment).

It shows the Sunday closure of the Charing Cross/Waterloo East/London Bridge route.

In my experience these maps usually go up on stations the week before. I don't know if they did this time!
Tuesday 28 November 2017 6.55am
I recently talked to staff at Waterloo about when to get info on future rail closures. Apparently they used to get a large booklet (hard copy) well ahead of the actual closures but since this has been replaced by digital/electronic communication they only get the information at much shorter notice. (I'm not a Luddite but . . . reminds me of the "computer says no" sketch in Little Britain.
Monday 4 December 2017 6.48pm
Network Rail have kindly informed me that they are determined to spoil my Christmas by working on the tracks from Waterloo East to beyond Blackfriars Road ,nightly,from the 18th to the 27th of December with continuous 24 hour working from the 22nd to the 27th.
The good news is that although the noise levels will not be low they will be medium until the 23rd. The bad news is that they will be at their highest level for the immediate four days of Christmas,that is 23-24-25-26-27.

You just know that the organisers will be enjoying their Christmas either in the pleasant suburbs or the quiet of the countryside.

Thank you Network Rail, I hope you have as quiet a Christmas as you intend me having.
Zoe
Monday 4 December 2017 9.28pm
I too was thrilled to see this, thank you Network Rail for making the quietest time we have all year really noisy.
Tuesday 5 December 2017 4.37pm
Thebunhouse - when you say 'from Waterloo East to beyond Blackfriars Road', where do you mean exactly? I live very close to the track into Blackfriars Station and we've not had any notification of 24 hour working over Christmas. Not that that actually means anything, because we've had several Christmas and Easter bank holidays ruined by works we never knew were happening!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network