Suspect running

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 17 February 2018 1.23pm
A young man running from the police yesterday jumped from a block of flats, Flatman house.. Seriously injured or dead but nothing in the news? very sad whatever happened.
Sunday 18 February 2018 10.31pm
I haven't read about this in any news sites, but that is hardly surprising: there are so many violent incidents that go unreported by the media.

I sometimes wonder if this is due to editors not wanting their publications ending up being associated with 'bad news', or if it is simply a case that certain tragedies are no longer regarded as newsworthy...
Monday 19 February 2018 9.12am
I suspect it's a bit of both, Jules, plus the fact that journalists - the esteemed editor of this excellent site explicitly excluded from this criticism - can't get out and about to cover the patch and thus resort to lazy (or perhaps easy might be a better word) journalism. The South London Press has one journalist covering pretty much all of South London and most - if not all - stories they run are what I would call "desktop" articles.
Monday 19 February 2018 9.46am
The teenager was 14 and looking at the block seems to be only one or two stories high. Perhaps he thought he could jump down. Very sad.

As for violent crime not being reported I have insider knowledge ! In 1986 my husband while working for post office was delivering diamonds in City road. After would be robbers shot his colleagues my brave husband hit them with the nearest thing to hand , a wooden box! The gunman said you wanna be a hero and shot him, bullet went through his thigh ,his bad polio stricken leg through testicles. Cutting it short all of three postman carrying out their work had surgery, Don had surgery to remove the bullet in his thigh.

I phoned and told everyone, my neighbours etc. The crime was on Friday, Saturday morning I rushed to newsagents, bought loads of papers, not one single one reported it!

I dictated letter to Evening Standard saying is violent crime so prevalent it does not merit a mention? I received a curt phone call from Post Office saying the one and only Press Officer was on holiday!

Don, Sidney and Arthur all received Captain Binney award.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network