New manifesto calls for 'A Better South Bank for Everyone'

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 21 March 2018 7.50pm
It's ironic that this manifesto has Kent House (LWT/the London TV Centre/ITV Studios) on its cover: it's due to be demolished to make way for yet more luxury apartments...

Related news & features

Saturday 24 March 2018 3.06pm
I know what a joke, a better bankside for hotels, expensive apartments etc, looks like Coin st builders, SBEG, Waterloo Quarter and and their gang have another group SBP.
Sunday 25 March 2018 1.44pm
So what actually happens is the developers pre-sell all the private apartments to overseas investors and use that money to build the place and pay off the backhanders to the council. When the place is being build, the council encourages new shops to the area, but when the project is compete, the building is about 25% actually filled, the new shops cant survive and go bust or move out and the place becomes a ghost town and southwark sits back and pockets the rates with no actual responsibilities.

The only outcome? you dump all the real people from these areas.

Say NO to anything but SOCIAL housing - so called 'affordable' housing is a joke; you need about 70k to afford te basic ones.
Monday 26 March 2018 8.22am
Well said. I'd love to know who actually came up with the term 'affordable housing'. Makes me furious every time I see it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network