Kate Hoey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Friday 27 July 2018 9.38pm
Bad news 're Kate .she is a ladylike person of great character and experience...some people don't seem to recognize quality when they see it....I trust she will stay to fight her corner...wish we had her instead of Neil Coyle..absolutely useless

Cotswolds 12
Friday 27 July 2018 10.50pm
Paramount wrote:
Bad news 're Kate .she is a ladylike person of great character and experience...some people don't seem to recognize quality when they see it....I trust she will stay to fight her corner...wish we had her instead of Neil Coyle..absolutely useless
Siding with Runaway Nige is anything but a sign of quality. It was only a matter of time that she was made to pay for that ill-judged decision.
Friday 27 July 2018 11.04pm
Paramount wrote:
..wish we had her instead of Neil Coyle..absolutely useless

A stealth kipper in a part of London/Britain that clearly voted Remain? How did you figure that could realistically, let alone democratically, have worked?
Saturday 28 July 2018 10.24am
I would much rather have Kate Hoey, an independent figure, who fights for her causes and Labour than a puppet of Momentum which is what we could get.
This is not about Kate, Brexit, or the electorate. It is about seizing control of the Labour Party
Saturday 28 July 2018 10.48am
Thebunhouse wrote:
I would much rather have Kate Hoey, an independent figure,

Independent? Really? Maybe to people who are dependent on what they perceive to be strong leaders. All is saw her do was hooking up with Runaway Nige.
Saturday 28 July 2018 5.31pm
The problem with Kate, is that her strong belief in the so-called benefits of Brexit put her at odds with the electorate in her constituency 77.6% of whom voted to remain in the EU at the June 2016 referendum.

Also, she's a keen supporter of fox hunting, is against the ban on handgun ownership, and favours stricter immigration controls.

All this points to an MP who disregards the will of her constituents, so it is reasonable that quite a few of them want to get rid of her.
Saturday 28 July 2018 7.10pm
The only people that should be deciding whether or not she's fit for the job are the electorate. I accept that the party select her i the first place, but she's been a well liked MP for too long to be reated like this.

This is Militant Tendency all over again, expect a Tory government for the next 10-15 years.

As for runaway Nige, he's on LBC every night mon to thurs, where he bats off the ill informed who, almost nightly, accuse him of running away which is as ridiculous as blamin him for the bus advert which he is also accused nightly.
Sunday 29 July 2018 1.10pm
Seems to me Kate chose the wrong party. She is out of touch with her constituency as well. If she has integrity, she'll leave Labour.
Sunday 29 July 2018 3.24pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Seems to me Kate chose the wrong party. She is out of touch with her constituency as well. If she has integrity, she'll leave Labour.

If she had any integrity she'd have resigned as a Labour MP long ago, and stood again for election as an Independent. Then, boroughnian, the electorate could decide. Presumably, boroughnian, at previous elections a lot of people thought they they were voting for someone who shared their views. Simon Hughes lost his Southwark seat by foolishly getting into bed with the Tories. (You can tell a man that boozes by the company he chooses - and the pig got up and slowly walked away.)
Sunday 29 July 2018 6.44pm
Kate has always been up front about her views on the EU and has some interesting arguments why they are as they are. She is also a very good constituency MP. I would love to see her standing as an independent if Momentum get rid of her. She would walk it.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network