Southbank Tandoori on The Cut closed - becoming a burger place!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 13 September 2018 11.49am
So my fave Indian has closed !!! looked through the windows last night and noticed a sign in the window that an "honest burgers" is opening - right next to Byrons ??
Thursday 13 September 2018 12.41pm
Oh great - just want we need, another burger place! Not sure how The Cut can sustain two so close together.
Thursday 13 September 2018 5.32pm
i also see there is some re-development going on in the shop (used to be a hairdressers/flower shop) between to the military surplus place and the Turkish restaurant on the cut ?

not sure whats going in there although i have seen a lot of oriental people going in and out ... ??
Thursday 13 September 2018 8.18pm
Oh no. Sorry to see Southbank Tandoori and the flower shop go. Seems like it may be more noodles, along with the burger mountain.
Thursday 13 September 2018 10.31pm
Maybe we might get another coffee shop?! After all we haven't got Starbucks yet... I reckon this all has something to do with the redevelopment at the back of the college.
Friday 14 September 2018 10.52am
I have been told that the hairdresser's premises are to become a Chinese Health Centre.
I hope that is not a euphemism.
Friday 14 September 2018 2.39pm
I don't think it is a euphemism but we shall see. The whole building was sold so Cutflowers had to go, great loss. But the hairdressing salon will be rebuilt.
Friday 14 September 2018 4.48pm
That's depressing. I went past it today, surprised to see it's going to be more burgers. However it reminded me that I need to correct Byron Burger's spelling of "draft beer" on their window.
Friday 14 September 2018 6.32pm
What’s wrong with the spelling “draft” and “draught” are both right although the former is more American than British English, which would be appropriate for a burger joint.
Friday 14 September 2018 6.48pm
To my mind, "draft" means sketchy, rough or outline. "Draught" comes through pipes or gaps - wind or liquid.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network