Dealers/drug users

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 25 September 2018 9.10pm
There seems to be a big increase in the amount of drug use and dealing going in the area.
in Tabard Gardens in the wild area there are always drug users hanging around waiting for their dealer to show up.
This morning (11:00) while I was walking to Borough tube I saw three drug users injecting in the open in Redfern House communal gardens .
I can't remember it being this bad .
Tuesday 25 September 2018 9.25pm
How dreadful. Do the police not intervene? How can this be allowed to happen in the street? What a nightmare.
Tuesday 25 September 2018 10.26pm
dreadful - to be honest I walked through soho a few days ago and saw the same - thought to myself ( and not saying it is not happening because I did not see ) I have not seen this for years
Wednesday 26 September 2018 9.10am
I have seen it out several times in the overhang under the flats on Ayers street opposite the BOST offices. It is definitely on the rise!
Wednesday 26 September 2018 9.01pm
We also have a problem with this in Nelson Square near Blackfriars Road. Drug users wait in the main park near the children's play area, or they meet at the back of Applegarth House in the gardens. This happens all times of the day and night.
Saturday 29 September 2018 4.43pm
I find this incredibly sad that the most vulnerable in society have been treated in such a way. I am saddened to see the significant increase in homeless in SE1.

Something has gone horribly wrong.
Saturday 29 September 2018 8.58pm
Not all drug users are homeless, many have their own front door keys or are in hostels. I'm aware of several who have accommodation on benefits but beg to support their drug use.
Saturday 29 September 2018 9.07pm
I too think it sad that there are so many homeless. Itís not on at all. However, young children seeing people inject on their way to school? Some intervention is needed all round.
Monday 1 October 2018 11.27am
A useful point of contact is your police Safer Neighbourhood Team. In Southwark there's one for each ward. They've been helpful dealing with street drinking near me, so worth having a word with them. You can find contact details here:

https://www.met.police.uk/a/your-area/
Monday 1 October 2018 4.35pm
Thank you Dominic, I have been contacting them for a while now regarding the area where I live and yet nothing has been done.

I agree that not all drug users are homeless, in fact many of the deals done here are between youths and young professionals.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network