Southwark Tube: new entrance

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 5 October 2018 9.53am
What time today is Consultation please

Cotswolds 12
Friday 5 October 2018 11.57am
From 10.00until at least 3.00pm.
I'm going at lunch time
Saturday 6 October 2018 3.43pm
Thanks
Thursday 29 November 2018 5.13pm
TFL have put in their Planning application despite the fact that they assured us that they would not do so without taking the matter to the Southbank Forum.
They failed to turn up on 10th October 2018 although the item was on the Agenda
and a person representing TFL gave an assurance that this undertaking would be complied with.
The consultation was flawed and should be totally disregarded[b][/b]
To ask Passengers exiting Waterloo East or Southwark station whether they would like a 2nd entrance is just not on. The only consultation that should matter is the consultation with local residents of Tait House, Benson House, Ipsden Buildings and Windmill House , who are the ones this will effect.
TFL cannot be trusted .
They gave us an assurance that if this proposal went ahead, the new entrance would not be open 24 hours a day on Friday and Saturday but there application calls for this..

I challenge TFL to publish the post codes for those who were in favour of the proposal, of course they will not because it will show that the consultation was flawed

How can the pavements be widened in Greet Street. As it is anything larger than a small car already has to mount the pavement to exit into The Cut.Greet Street is a very narrow street, both narrow pavement and extremely narrow roadway.

TFL are not fit for purpose and we know that the one and only reason for wanting this new entrance is so that they can close the main entrance while they develop the high extension above the station.
Thursday 29 November 2018 9.10pm
Utter disgrace that TFL will not accept the horrible dome building in Isabella Street which suffer with street drinkers, beggars and large amounts of ASB as a suitable 2nd entrance for Southwark Tube.
They state that this horrible building built only in 1997 is of Architectural merit and the merit of all the residents of Tait House, Benson House, Ipsden and Windmill House.
TFL have a record of causing chaos a good example is Ufford Street , Waterloo which they have turned into a rat with over 200 vehicles per hour , many large trucks. This used to be a quiet road.

TFL cannot be trusted and totally incapable of running , planning or organising anything
Wednesday 5 December 2018 9.45am
20 Residents from Tait House and Benson House met last night to discuss our action plan to oppose this appalling planning proposal. The previous proposal in 2009 was rejected by Lambeth Council on the basis that the impact on surrounding residential properties was unacceptable. Nothing has changed.
This matter will be discussed at Tomorrow's South Bank Forum 7pm Coin Street Community centre, stamford Street. TFL will hopefully turn up this time and answer questions
Wednesday 5 December 2018 10.28pm
South Bank Forum tomorrow 7pm Coin Street Community Centre. TFL will answer questions on this shameful proposal. Come along , hear the debate and sign our petition. This proposal was turned down in 2009 by Lambeth Council can you on the basis that the impact on surrounding residential properties was unacceptable. Nothing has changed it is still a 100% residential area.
Thursday 6 December 2018 12.23am
I wholeheartedly agree with OHRA, and his anger, that this proposal is being put forward byTfL. Perhaps they believe that they have more clout than Network Rail had in their previous planning application which came about because London Underground would not allow passengers from Waterloo East to exit through Southwark station unless they paid one pound excess on their fare.

We now have LU practising another deceit pretending the Greet Street entrance would alleviate congestion. With only one up and one down escalators to the Jubilee Line platforms creating the congestion point how does increasing the number of street level entrances relieve congestion?

TfL own the complete parcel of land, at least one acre, bordered by Blackfriars Road/The Cut/Joan Street and Isabella Street. I suggest that they build an enlarged entrance there and then build above the enlarged station their promised 350 homes as their landmark building on the corner of The Cut and Blackfriars Road.

I do believe the the real reason for this planning application is, solely, to build an exit/entrance for Waterloo East passengers to the detriment of the local residents. Greet Street is totally residential and is a back street that is unknown to most. The area has not changed from 2009 when Lambeth rejected the first application. So, it would seem that TfL and the Mayor have already come to some accommodation with Lambeth Planning in their attempt to get this through at this time.

I may be called cynical but noting decisions made by Southwark Council, Lambeth Council, Network Rail and TfL I feel justified. Which public bodies connived together at a cost of at least 30 million pounds to build the Garden Bridge? TfL and two Mayors, the second cancelled the doomed plan after Margaret Hodges revealed how possibly corrupt the whole plan was.

Do not trust TfL.
Thursday 6 December 2018 9.26am
Bunhouse, I believe the real reason is because they want to build on top of Southwark Station and will be able to use the new Greet Street entrance whilst The Cut entrance is closed. We were told this in a meeting regarding their desire to own some of Styles House land. They are now using congestion as a more acceptable reason. As you say, there are other alternatives.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network