Changes and withdrawal of multiple SE1 bus routes.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 5 October 2018 3.01pm
I was planning a trip home from Acton Street when an alert on TFL came up and it appears TFL want to curtail routes 45 and 388 so that 45 no longer goes north of Elephant and Castle and 388 no longer goes south of Liverpool Street!

Apparently route 40 will run north to Clerkenwell along Blackfriars Road though. This means only 2 services between Elephant and Castle and the "city".

This may be ok if the 63 remains frequent, but it would reduce accessibility to many locations on the cancelled routes as interchanges or access at Waterloo, Chancery Lane, St Pauls, City Thameslink and Farringdon are not step free or are complex if possible (eg London Bridge) to navigate via escalator or lift.

These are not the only affected routes, but are ones I noted as most relevant to me living near Southwark Tube. More routes to London Bridge and Waterloo are to be altered.

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/buses/32943d3b/

I've just realised this is mentioned in thread about RV1 route but the issues are wider, which may be missed by some, perhaps the threads should be merged.

The most crucial issues as far as I'm concerned are the problems in terms of accessibility for those with reduced or restricted mobility, parents with prams, wheelchair users and those on low incomes, many of whom use buses rather than the Tube due to costs. Those who travel to work very early will also be affected unless the Northern line suddenly starts running before 530am.

It's bad enough getting to Kings Cross now with the increased traffic lights and reduced lanes since the wonderful Cycle Superhighway was put in (which is obviously busy for about 2h a day...) but this'll just make things worse.

Marge
Saturday 6 October 2018 9.18pm
Your points are mentioned on the other thread, but the key point is , have a look at the whole consultation and respond
Monday 8 October 2018 10.02am
Completely bonkers when you think all the new people who will come and live in the brand new towers popping up in Elephant and Castle. My GP told me they expect an influx of 20,000 people in the area... Where do they think most of these people will need to go for work if not the City?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network