If you were only allowed to drink in 1 pub in SE1, which would it be?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Thursday 25 September 2008 10.14pm
Answers on a postcard...

My vote goes to the Rake (although I admit it only just squeaks in on the 'pub' rule)
Thursday 25 September 2008 10.39pm
I tend to only drink in 1 pub a day anyway.
Thursday 25 September 2008 10.47pm
That's 7 a week then Gaffer, your favourite? (which was, in case you missed it, the real question)
Thursday 25 September 2008 11.49pm
It's difficult... normally I'd say the Kings Arms, but at the moment I'm really liking the free chips on the bar at the Albert Arms. Nice touch that.

So The Albert Arms (unless they stop the free chips, in which case The Kings Arms).
Friday 26 September 2008 6.34am
Nothing too shabby about the Britannia...but it doesnt open at weekends
Friday 26 September 2008 9.59am
can I drink in one, and eat in another?

for drinking probably Brittania, although they only have Bombardier, and sometimes run out, but the extensive range of whiskies makes up for that... if the whisky wasn't there it'd be Charles Dickens for the ever changing real ales. They also do good food, but for the nicest pub grub I'd have to choose The Royal Oak on Tabard St, who also sell real ales, and cider on tap - tough choice, why are we only allowed to chose 1?!

I've not yet been to The Rake, maybe it's worth a visit.

Simon The Tanner, used to be really good!
Friday 26 September 2008 10.14am
If the sun is shining (and you can get a seat) i love having a drink down the Thameside Inn, any other time it's the Old School Yard on long lane :O)
Friday 26 September 2008 10.27am
The Lord Clyde gets my vote as a good all-rounder.
Friday 26 September 2008 10.33am
I think I'd go for the Old School Yard too.
Friday 26 September 2008 11.44am
Ah yes, The Lord Clyde - that was were I attended my first ever SE1 social event, sometime long ago, when there was talk of wearing orange T-Shirts, and merkins.

Quite a nice pub I thought, but oddly enough, have not been back since.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: