London SE1 community website

Duvet Cleaning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 8 April 2009 12.13pm
Does anybody have any recommendations of not too expensive places to get a duvet cleaned? Preferably around Waterloo way.

Thanks in Advance!
Wednesday 8 April 2009 2.16pm
if you do get it cleaned make sure you air it unfolded for at least a day, as the fumes are toxic and remain in the fabric for somewhile.:-)
Wednesday 8 April 2009 2.39pm
Yes I read that on an old thread ;) Am open to getting it washed I just dont particularly want to have to sit in a launderette for hours and do it myself. If anybody knows anywhere that will do it for you and not charge an arm and a leg that would be great.
Wednesday 8 April 2009 7.09pm
My King size duvet (Down)gets washed in my front loader and washes up well. It takes a couple days to dry, a good shake and then back on the bed.
Wednesday 8 April 2009 7.25pm
Have you tried the lovely lady in the laundrette, opposite Greggs in Lower Marsh? I was very impressed with the care she took over some chair covers that I left in for a service wash.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions