London SE1 community website

After hours take-aways in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 23 February 2004 2.06pm
Does anybody know of any decent take-aways that are open after hours? Especially in the London Bridge/Bermondsey area.
After downing several pints, I occasionally get hungry. So after chucking out time, feel the need to eat! But everywhere seems to close @ 11.00pm!
Travelled far & wide on Saturday night, to find that the only choices where some dodgy Pizza places.
Am I the only person that craves (decent) late night cuisine, without having to make it myself???

Tuesday 24 February 2004 4.13pm
Seems like I am the only one with this strange habit...

Maybe a bit of forward thinking will have to be done - ordering before I venture out?

Tuesday 24 February 2004 4.16pm

Your probably not the only who craves a kebab on the way home ( in fact I know your not).
There are obviously not any places that people can recommend - there is a grubby looking place on Tower Bridge Road but I wouldn't recommend it.
Tuesday 24 February 2004 4.27pm
It does seem a little strange that all the decent places I know of, only take orders/deliver up till 11pm.
I remember when I lived 'Up North' falling out of late night pubs/clubs & stumbling into the nearest takeaways & there was always a choice - the best been the fish & chips, fresh too, as we lived on the coast, Mmmmmmmm.
They were so busy, must have taken a fortune as they were always packed.....
Oh well, grubby pizzas for me then.

Tuesday 24 February 2004 4.58pm
Cucina Pizza are open after the pubs shut - delicious pizzas and not at all grubby
Tuesday 24 February 2004 5.26pm
Ah yes, forgot abot that one, very nice pizzas & salads! A bit pricey though, but worth it - & after downing a few I probably won't care about the cost.....

Tuesday 24 February 2004 5.31pm
I am a big fan of the Capital Kebabby place on the CUT

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/view.php?venueid=222

[how do I do the nifty renaming of links?]
Tuesday 24 February 2004 5.34pm
Yes, I like the Capital Kebab House too!

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 24 February 2004 5.39pm
Speaking of kebabs - the kebab shop on Grange Road (ideally - I thought - placed within yards of my front door) appears to close long before the pubs shut... at first I thought they must just be on holiday but after several attempts at getting chips in bread on my swervy way home I have come to the conclusion that they never stay open late... how odd... do the residents of Grange Road really eat kebabs when sober??? Isn't there a law against that?
Tuesday 24 February 2004 5.55pm

Not just a law but it also offends any commonly held standards of moral decency!

surely not...

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions