London SE1 community website

35mm photo processing and printing - any recommendations please

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 1 December 2009 11.23am
Hello there,
I have a number of 35mm films that have been sitting around for years and I really want to get them processed and printed, and probably scanned on to CD/DVD too.

Could anybody please personally recommend a business in the Southwark or Blackfriars sort of an area that does this?

Good quality work but not toooo pricey ;o)

Thanks!!
Tuesday 1 December 2009 11.27am
There's Silverprint in Valentine's Place (just off Blackfriars Rd, near Webber St. junction). But, they are serious photographers' suppliers and I have been told that they are top of the game on that score, so probably won't be cheap but worth a call perhaps.
Tuesday 1 December 2009 11.35am
Thanks for that, I had a look and they are 6 per print! eek, but then they are all done by hand ;o)

I was hoping for processing and printing for not more than 10 really...
Tuesday 1 December 2009 11.40am
Hmm, I had a feeling they were the Rolls Royce of printing and processiong.

There's always Colourama (Colorama, maybe) on Webber St. They used to have a shop on Lancaster St but they closed it (sorry, that wasn't very helpful, was it?)
Tuesday 1 December 2009 11.58am
try city pharmacy on 39 Borough High street
Tuesday 1 December 2009 12.11pm
Thanks La Martinet, might look there.

And Nigel too. Have you had any photos done there though? As pharmacy processing can be a bit too shove in and see...
Tuesday 1 December 2009 12.42pm
as snappy snaps london bridge is no longer, i went to the branch just over waterloo bridge on the strand.
here is a link snappy snaps
the result was ok and they scan it on to a cd if you like.
as they are franchises, the quality varies, but try one film and see maybe.
Tuesday 1 December 2009 2.13pm
I used city pharmacy for a decade until I went digital.
Tuesday 1 December 2009 4.48pm
It is not SE1 but I have used RG Lewis in Southampton Row, just north of Holborn tube. A lot of professionals buy their kit there and they try to use good quality developers and printers. not sure about price these days.
Wednesday 2 December 2009 10.06am
B&W rolls or colour rolls?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions