Here is some information that could be interesting to FCHS residents.
Regeneration Department at Southwark Council has a sum of £100,000
from the More London development to carry out environmental
improvements on the Fair Street estate. This can be used, for example,
to install new street lighting, make some flower beds, install new
benches etc. On 24 August the TMO manager and three members of the
management committee met with Jilian Houghton from Southwark Council
to initiate the consultation process. More recently, on Monday 1 November
several committee members met again with Jilian Houghton and discussed
several proposals which came up. We also did a walk around the estate and
looked at the possible sites for improvements. The possible projects shortlisted
for further discussion are:
1. Finish the work on Vertical Gardens
2. Clean and paint the railings around Devon Mansions
3. Improve lighting and seating in the area between Devon Mansions and Coxson Way
4. Utilise the triangular south facing below-ground area behind Devon Mansions blocks 15-16
5. Extend tree lighting on Tooley Street.
A consultation document will be prepared and circulated among the
residents soon. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions, please contact the TMO manager or the management committee.