London SE1 community website

Day out of London suggestions

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 2 July 2011 8.40am
Hello all,

I was wondering if people could share their favourite days out. For the first time in a while I have Sunday off with my partner and the weather is fantastic. Normally we go out to Kent but has anyone got other suggestions that they like to do?
Saturday 2 July 2011 9.13am
Brighton?
Saturday 2 July 2011 9.21am
Nah! Always en up there x
Saturday 2 July 2011 9.39am
Hampton Court Palace.
Saturday 2 July 2011 9.57am
Why spend half the day travelling in this heat. Head for the zoo.
Zoe
Saturday 2 July 2011 10.38am
The queue at the zoo was loonnngg last week, so get there early. Tesco vouchers are good value to get in, as it's 20.
Saturday 2 July 2011 2.21pm
Syon House? not too far train to Kew Bridge, come out of station cross road and a short bus ride away ( and i mean short)they have moved the lovely old butterfly house.
They have a Enchanted Wood which is lit by 1000 lights, also archeological dig there at moment, go on website for more events. When I was fit and able I loved the house and grounds...:-(
Saturday 2 July 2011 3.40pm
Southend? or maybe Hastings (some great walks around there).
Saturday 2 July 2011 8.57pm
Great suggestions. I'd like a day out with you jan. You sound like my kind of lady!
Sunday 3 July 2011 10.21am
Julia I first took my grand-daughter there when she was about 7, we ended up eventually in the Butterfly House , the pair of us were entranced by all the butterflies flying around, and when several landed on my flowered blouse my grand-daughter thought I had some magic special powers..needless to say i did not disuade her! She had her moment when she held her tiny fingers under a leaf that a butterfly has just landed on, and with a gentle push from her other hand made the butterfly walk onto her finger! It looked like she had a budgie perched on it...the smirk on her face as she was showing any other child was a true joy to behold..
Trouble is the little madam did not want to come out and as the butterfly house was home to all exotic species was like a flipping sauna three hours later I emerged with stringy wet hair dripping down my cheeks, she? she looked as fresh as a daisy!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions