London SE1 community website

Knitting Class

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 3 February 2012 3.50pm
Anyone else been to a class at I Knit London? Had only heard good things about them. Started a beginners knitting course there, the teacher was stroppy and increasingly impatient when I struggled to 'get' it. Left really upset and still totally unable to knit! Bit p*ssed off.
Sunday 5 February 2012 4.43pm
Se1 have a stitch and bitch club. 2nd and last Mondays every month.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 6 February 2012 2.08pm
Thanks Ivanhoe, where is it?
Monday 6 February 2012 3.27pm
Sorry - I've not been for ages, but Mrs I still goes. Last week, they were at Simon The Tanner (Long Lane - towards the bottom end of Bermondsey St), but I'm not sure whether that will be a permanent fixture or not. Before then, S&B had met at The Britannia (Kipling St).

I was hoping that a regular S&B attendee would pitch in with proper details. What I can say with confidence is that they're a lovely bunch, who are very welcoming and happy to share their considerable expertise with completely useless types like me.

There used to be a Yahoo Group for SE1 S&B. This may still exist (I don't know. Don't really do Yahoo Groups).

Sorry that's not a full answer. When I find out any more info, I'll update on here.

Monday 6 February 2012 3.30pm
The Yahoo! Group is at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/se1snb/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 6 February 2012 4.08pm
Thanks, James. (Ivanhoe - labouring under a heavy office firewall).

Tuesday 14 February 2012 1.35am
Thanks guys.
Wednesday 15 February 2012 1.56pm
Hi Lila

Sorry just heard about your thread: by all means join the yahoo group where we post about meetings - and yes, we meet 2/3 times a month - you'll see the calendar on there.

We are a group of varying levels of experience and not all are knitters - some sew/cross stitch. We don't 'teach' though can obviously help/guide/nurture.

If it is specifically teaching that you want, it might be worth signing up to the Stitch London website though their free teaching is on hold until March: http://www.stitchldn.com/learntoknit.html

Have you looked on YouTube - there'll be lots of tutorials on there too
And this could be an option: http://www.catherinehirst.com/classes.html

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience at I knit.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions