London SE1 community website

Cleaner recommendation wanted

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 5 February 2012 1.54pm
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

My wife and I are looking for a new cleaner for our flat in Shad Thames as we are not too happy with the agency we have been using for the last year or so.

I have looked at the many threads on the topic on this forum but many now seem a little dated.

If anyone has any personal recommendations we would be very grateful to hear them.

We are looking to pay around 9-10 pounds an hour and from personal experience Filipino or Indonesian cleaners would be best - but we are willing to consider anyone though who comes highly recommended.

Many thanks.
Monday 6 February 2012 10.45am
I can highly recommend Krasi, who is from Bulgaria. She has been my cleaner for almost 8 years and I trust her completely. I don't live in Shad Thames, but my friend does & Krasi also now cleans for them after my recommendation. Krasi can be contacted on 07877 511922.
dg
Monday 6 February 2012 10.59am
You could try Sisi on 07916 143279. Very good, also from Bulgaria I think, but don't know if there's a connection!
David
Monday 6 February 2012 12.54pm
I would also recommend Sissi. We have used her for a couple of years as a cleaner and childminder.
Tuesday 7 February 2012 7.32pm
Brilliant, thank you guys.

I will give them a call.
jw
Tuesday 7 February 2012 9.01pm
can second Krasi
Wednesday 8 February 2012 8.41pm
Just tried Krasi, but was a bit dissappointed that she doesn't do the work herself anymore but runs an agency and so can only "organise a cleaner for me". She also sounded a bit negative...

I would rather pay the cleaner directly as it is more motivating (and perhaps fairer) for them to keep the whole 10 pounds an hour rather than just a cut.

Maybe I will try Sissi now - just hope it's not the same thing...

In the meantime, more recommendations are welcome...
Thursday 9 February 2012 12.30pm
Hi - I've sent you a private message.
Friday 10 February 2012 10.52am
Try Fernando 07427 108996, excellent Brazilian guy, been cleaning homes and offices around London Bridge for yrs. Can give you references from a local company of home who have given him a key.
Friday 10 February 2012 12.56pm
mzungu wrote:
Try Fernando 07427 108996, excellent Brazilian guy, been cleaning homes and offices around London Bridge for yrs. Can give you references from a local company of home who have given him a key.

Thanks for the tip but I have just tried Sisi and her daughter and first impressions are very positive.

By the way, she says a big thanks to SouthwarkSimon and DG for recommending her - even though she doesn't know who you are in person, she is very grateful.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions