London SE1 community website

Vacant land on Grange Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 February 2012 3.55pm
There's quite a lot of vacant waste land between Pages Walk and Crimscott Street on Grange Road. It's been empty for years. Anyone know what the deal is? Who owns the land; if there are plans for development etc?
Tuesday 28 February 2012 4.27pm
A development of 41 flats was approved at the end of last year:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5740

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 28 February 2012 4.49pm
Thanks James. Should have guessed it would be a development of your average cheap box flats. ho hum
Tuesday 28 February 2012 5.19pm
I always though there was a problem because there was a garage there and the storage tanks holding petrol fumes? or have i got the wrong spot again!
Tuesday 28 February 2012 5.55pm
no Jan you're right. just don't buy a basement flat...
Wednesday 29 February 2012 9.53pm
lol Shaggy...wonder if they excavate the tanks or just wash 'em? :-)
Thursday 1 March 2012 11.12am
The tanks were taken out when the petrol station was demolished; I watched it happen! It must have shut about 2004/5 and demolished soon after?

There is a problem in that the house on Crimscott St has a right of way across the site. They'll have to buy that out.

Funny, I thought a development had been approved years ago; it was one of the sites for the decanting of Heygate tenants.
Thursday 1 March 2012 2.51pm
The Mapmaker wrote:
The tanks were taken out when the petrol station was demolished; I watched it happen! It must have shut about 2004/5 and demolished soon after?
I thought it closed earlier than 2004/5- this is the former Baxter Esso garage we're on about? I thought it had been closed since at least 2000.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions