London SE1 community website

Builder/handyman recommendation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 30 April 2012 1.28pm
We have recently used Paul Nelson to do a piece of work on a ceiling in our flat. He did an excellent job and was hard-working, efficient and professional at all times. My husband and I thought his charges were very reasonable too. Paul's contact email is:

Paul Nelson
Tel: 02074077542
Tel: 07946739465
Email: [email protected]
Wednesday 5 September 2012 4.10pm
I just spoke to Paul regarding some work I need doing at one of our business premises, however he is more on the decorating side of things.

Can anybody recommend a builder who can do more complex handyman tasks? I did ring Mariusz to come and quote but am still waiting for him to ring back.
Wednesday 5 September 2012 5.26pm
Call Ernest on 0800677 1140 or 07983 624615. Thoroughly recommended. He ripped out and re-installed a bathroom for me recently. He can do all sorts.

He's just left The Handy Squad and is going it alone. He's just got his own website I gather www.door2doorhandyman.com. He's local too. Very nice chap.

No connection other than a happy customer.
Monday 10 September 2012 7.18pm
La Martinet wrote:
Call Ernest on 0800677 1140 or 07983 624615. Thoroughly recommended. He ripped out and re-installed a bathroom for me recently. He can do all sorts.
He's just left The Handy Squad and is going it alone. He's just got his own website I gather www.door2doorhandyman.com. He's local too. Very nice chap.

No connection other than a happy customer.

I wouldn’t bother with him; he's not very professional in my opinion. I emailed Ernest to enquire if he does tiling and he answered very promptly to say he did. As he requested, I told him what work I would like done and left my contact details, but he did not answer. I emailed him again and still no response. I would have thought he could manage 3/4 days work replacing 10sq mtrs of tiles, new sink and worktop and changing a toilet cistern from push button to a handle – obviously too choosy!
Thursday 4 October 2012 2.54pm
I am still struggling. There seems to be a real shortage of decent maintenance people. Again, any ideas would be great.
Thursday 4 October 2012 4.48pm
Don't know if these people can help you but it might be worth a try.

http://www.handysquad.com

I've not used them myself but they were recommended many moons ago on this forum.
Sunday 2 December 2012 2.18pm
We have just had a new kitchen and bathroom fitted. I can highly recommend Protea Homefix. Covering east and southeast London. They were reliable, hard working and got the job done on time and to a fixed quotation. They have done a great job.

Call Robbie on 07878 685105. Also via www.proteahomefix.co.uk

No connection. Just a very satisfied customer. Highly recommended

I am happy to provide references and photos of work done if needed !
Thursday 20 June 2013 8.49pm
ring Mark at my london handyman 07872633313 www.mylondonhandyman.co.uk

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions