London SE1 community website

Decent Pub Food - Borough

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 5 April 2013 2.23pm
I realise there have been many previous discussions around pubs etc. in SE1. In the interests of getting some up to date feedback - can anyone recommend a pub with decent food within say a 1/2 mile radius of Borough Station? I am based more to the north of SE1 (nr bankside) so most pubs on my doorstep are more geared towards the touristy/office crowd. All suggestions gratefully received
Friday 5 April 2013 2.35pm
Give The Royal Oak a try - great food, nice pub.
Friday 5 April 2013 3.31pm
Simon the Tanner on Long Lane.
The Brittania on Kipling Street is a bit hit and miss - sometimes I've had great food in there but the menu seems to change and sometimes not as good.
Friday 5 April 2013 4.28pm
I've only eaten there three or four times but I've always found the food at the Roebuck on Great Dover Street to be of a good standard, they have a few interesting beers on tap as well that go beyond your usual Carling/Fosters/etc etc. It can get quite busy though so on evenings it's often a good idea to book a table.
Friday 5 April 2013 4.38pm
The Boot & Flogger on Redcross Way is worth a shout - quite a few people we know have lunch there.
Friday 5 April 2013 6.53pm
I have mentioned it very often, but The Royal Oak do the best Trifle ever. (and a pretty good roast too)
Saturday 6 April 2013 10.38am
Thanks for all suggestions..!! Will start working my way round them over the next few weeks
Saturday 6 April 2013 11.41am
Had a decent lunch at the Southwark Tavern . I have heard that when they are busy waits can be up to an hour though for food, so plan around that...
cbg
Saturday 6 April 2013 12.20pm
The Goldsmith is worth a visit as well!
Sunday 7 April 2013 8.37pm
The Victoria, Pages Walk does good pub lunches (Mon-Sat)
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions