London SE1 community website

Boiler service & gas safety certif

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 18 September 2013 8.06am
Hi Forum

Does anyone have a local suggestion for a company who doesn't charge an arm and a leg for an annual combi boiler service and safety certif?

I am not sure if I need the safety certif as I rent a room in my flat but I also live there. Any clarification would be great.

I am just tired of using Pimlico - who charge the earth but do at least show up when you book them.

Thanks in advance.
Wednesday 18 September 2013 9.05am
Hi ChloeB, You can find a local Gas Safe Register (previously known as Corgi Register) plumber/engineer at

(I promise I have no connection, although it's my second recommendation of the site in a week. I'm just a bit of a nut about things being serviced properly after my uni friends were nearly killed by carbon monoxide from a dodgy gas heater.)
Wednesday 18 September 2013 9.50am
t.browns? they do all the safety checks for the council..
Wednesday 18 September 2013 12.30pm
A search on this site will reveal a lot of comments / recommendations for plumbers, including gas safe registered ones who will undertake boiler servicing.
Wednesday 18 September 2013 3.11pm
It is mainly the Gas Safety certificate that I need (and the boiler does need it's annual service).
Wednesday 18 September 2013 8.54pm
I use a company called Serviceteam who are based in central London. They did major electric works in my old flat, sorted out the mess that another company made installing a boiler (A-Class) and I have just had then renovate my new place including installation of a new boiler. I can't fault them. No connections, just a happy customer.

Not sure of the cost though. I use them for everything now as I know they deliver.
Thursday 19 September 2013 11.20am
I can recommend Lawrence Bristow of Bristow Maintenance - give him a call 07866-557-769

His gas safe register number is 537313
Friday 20 September 2013 11.01am
Cheers James!
Thursday 24 October 2013 7.26pm
I needed a landlord's gas safety certificate in the summer and started by looking up local engineers on the gas safe website (as per the second post) but to be honest found them quite expensive. Up until then, I had just used British Gas.

I then found these guys online( who were much cheaper and also Gas Safe registered. I think it was about 55 for a certificate and service. The guy turned up on time (and actually rang ahead as requested) and went about his job with minimal fuss. I think the company uses freelance engineers.

I hope this helps!

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions