London SE1 community website

Postal Delivery on a Sunday!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 1 December 2013 7.32pm
We got a postal delivery today - on a Sunday!! I kid you not - a Royal Mail guy in uniform - no mistake. What's going on - is it to make up for all the week days over the years when the post hasn't arrived?
Sunday 1 December 2013 9.33pm
Same here off Southwark Street. I assumed my post had been delivered by a neighbour who had received it in error until I saw a postie emptying a postbox in the Borough High Street this morning.
Zoe
Sunday 1 December 2013 9.51pm
Have you had any delivery the rest of the week? It may just be that you only get one a week now, on a Sunday!
Monday 2 December 2013 10.29am
Oddly enough I saw a Royal Mail van driver collecting mail from the postbox in Grange Road yesterday lunchtime!
Haven't seen that happen in years! Don't think we had a delivery though.
Monday 2 December 2013 11.52am
I think (but not 100% sure) they deliver on Sundays in December, due to the sheer volume of mail, with Christmas cards, gifts etc.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions