London SE1 community website

BBQ Sauce

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 28 January 2014 1.38pm
I've been meaning to mention this for a while. Every day, I walk to work along Grange Road. Every day, when I pass the area where Crimscott St and Fendall St intersect Grange Road, no matter what time of day, there is a strong smell of BBQ sauce in the air.

I can only attribute it to the cafe that is on that stretch, but I've never noticed a smell like it anywhere else, except when standing right next to a bottle of BBQ sauce.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I going mad?
Tuesday 28 January 2014 2.21pm
You're not mad, although I always thought the smell was (very) smokey bacon from the Embassy Cafe.
Tuesday 28 January 2014 5.45pm
There is an industrial Butcher on Crimscott st ,the name escapes me, I just assumed it was them smoking bacon.
Monday 3 February 2014 8.29am
I was unsure where Crimscott Street was so looked it up on Google maps I see Bodeans Central Kitchens are there, they do a stonkingly good BBQ sauce alongside BBQ ribs, pulled pork etc.

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Monday 3 February 2014 5.43pm
And funnily enough it's just around the corner from Bacon St !
Monday 3 February 2014 8.14pm
Used to that all you could smell around there was vinegar,now BBQ sauce,give it ten years and it will be a shallot and red wine jus.....(;
Monday 3 February 2014 8.49pm
OK, now you've made me hungry! I walk past there on Sunday mornings and I have always thought it was just breakfast bacon being cooked at St Mungos, or at one of the churches that worship there....but the smell was just a bit different to bacon.... I am definitely going to check out Bodeans BBQ!
Tuesday 4 February 2014 1.11am
I love the fact this forum has some serious political and social issues debated - and barbeque sauce - not being sarky - I love it!
Tuesday 4 February 2014 4.34am
I think that you will find that it's coming from the Bodeans BBQ restaurant chain's central kitchen where they smoke their meats & make their sauces for their restaurants
Tuesday 4 February 2014 5.32am
fdfhkjashfuirfhndxcsfuifrsfejrestae8thsndf
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions