London SE1 community website

Red emulsion paint

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 1 December 2014 4.40pm
Hi,

A bit of a long shot, but I thought it was worth asking, I'd like to paint a small alcove in my lounge and was wondering if anyone had any red emulsion left over please? The space is about 8 foot by 3 foot. In terms of colour, I'm looking for postbox red or similar if possible. I have a nice boxed bottle of sparkling wine that I'm more than happy to give in exchange!

Thanks so much.
Monday 1 December 2014 10.59pm
Can I suggest you buy a sample pot - not the ones in the little dabber things - but a sample pot mixed at the counter. B&Q used to do them, so did John Lewis and probably Layland on Southwark Street. This will be enough for that space I should think and if not you could get two. Would be cheaper than a bottle of wine and you will be able to choose the shade of red you want.
Tuesday 2 December 2014 9.49am
Try Old Kent Rd refuse site?
Tuesday 2 December 2014 6.15pm
Deep reds can take up to 3 - 4 coats to cover properly so you're best to look for at least 1 litre size.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions