London SE1 community website

Spinning Classes in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 2 January 2015 11.21am
Hi there

Can anyone recommend a spinning class in SE1 (or SE16)? Am not looking for anything fancy - just local and decent bikes.

I don't want a gym contract, so would rather find a pay as you go or block booking place

Any recommendations gratefully received!

Thanks
Zoe
Friday 2 January 2015 12.27pm
If you are also looking at SE16 then this might be the wrong part of SE1, but Colombo street gym has spin classes and membership is 20 a month, so it's probably cheaper to join if you are going regularly.

For SE16 try Seven Islands. You can get a fusion card which saves money off pay as you go classes.
Friday 2 January 2015 7.00pm
Second time my mid has gone to spinning wheels and sheep feathers as my daughter used to call fleece stuck in the hedgerow.
Sunday 4 January 2015 2.44am
Jan, youre not the only one here whose mind went to spinning wheels. :)
Ive actually been thinking about spinning(wheel) classes myself.
Sunday 4 January 2015 10.35am
Soho Gyms Borough and Waterloo have loads of classes but not sure if you can pay as you go. classes are generally excellent
Sunday 4 January 2015 1.32pm
Thanks for the tips.

I've got an intro offer for 'cyclebeat', which is over the river by Monument - but will be checking out others once that has expired!
Tuesday 6 January 2015 3.44pm
fitness4less is 15.99/month with no contract and they have a spin studio.
Zoe
Tuesday 6 January 2015 8.59pm
That looks really good value. I wish we had a swim and gym near us, as it's only 19.99 a month!
Tuesday 6 January 2015 11.22pm
Buy a bike?

(on a more serious note, I do appreciate the spinner in my local gym as an alternative to a long ride when its icy outside - can't imaging doing a class though... ughh)
Zoe
Wednesday 7 January 2015 7.55am
Classes are more fun than you think. I have a bike, but I too am a bit put off long cycles in cold weather and an exercise bike is an alternative. However, they are so boring. A class provides a bit more interest.

What I can't understand is why only bikes have classes. No one offers a rowing machine class, but I'm sure that's just as good for you.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions