London SE1 community website

Tower Bridge Closure

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Tuesday 16 February 2016 1.52pm
Does anyone know if the proposed closure of Tower Bridge for three months (Oct-Dec) this year is still going ahead?
Tuesday 23 February 2016 11.00am
A contract for the work has just been awarded:
http://www.bamnuttall.co.uk/news/bam-nuttall-secures-deck-refurbishment-contract-for-tower-bridge,36642092

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 24 February 2016 3.30pm
I thought they had refurbished the road only a few years ago? I remember being surprised when the stripped the tarmac off that a large part of the bridge road was wooden.
Thursday 2 June 2016 11.07am
It looks like the bridge will just be closed to vehicles, not pedestrians, this time round. That sounds great! bbc.in/1TZ3oIe
Thursday 2 June 2016 1.13pm
Will be closed to pedestrians as well some weekends
Thursday 2 June 2016 6.41pm
Looks like only one of the footways will be kept open - reckon things are going to get congested
Friday 3 June 2016 9.51am
richard_badger wrote:
It looks like the bridge will just be closed to vehicles, not pedestrians, this time round. That sounds great! bbc.in/1TZ3oIe

Yes, for you I guess, but how about if you run a one man transport business, regularly delivering heavy materials from your premises at Bricklayers Arms, to Shoreditch or Whitechapel?
I don't by the way, and I'm not for one minute going against the proposed repairs to the bridge, just pointing out that not everyone will be ecstatic about it.
e.g. I live in Rotherhithe, and due to the 24 hour bus lane, Jamaica Road toward the tunnel is regularly backed up as far as Dockhead.
When the bridge closes, I envisage it being backed up as far as Borough High Street.
Friday 3 June 2016 11.05am
Surely the bridge closure, plus the Tooley Street restrictions, will cause chaos?

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 3 June 2016 12.01pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Surely the bridge closure, plus the Tooley Street restrictions, will cause chaos?

Surely indeed, but aside from you and I, I don't think anyone cares, certainly not TFL.
Friday 3 June 2016 12.30pm
I don't care. Looking forward to a nice quiet TBR for a while
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions