London SE1 community website

Nightclub ‘Creep’ Elephant & Castle pub

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 20 April 2018 9.51pm
I’ve noticed that the Elephant and Castle pub appears to be morphing into a nightclub at an alarming rate. It opened as a pub and now has a nightclub 2-3 nights a week including Thursday. I believe they are converting the upper part of the building to expand capacity. I am dreading this as there is increasing anti social behaviour around the venue. Surely the Council won’t allow this?
Monday 23 April 2018 11.22am
Lambeth has almost completed its agreement to a nightclub (Abba themed) 6 evening a week in among social housing so don't be too optimistic. Unless you think Southwark is much more responsive to its local community than Lambeth.
Monday 23 April 2018 2.08pm
Rimbi There's no point in writing on a site like this, if you need something doing go to the council, good luck..........x
Monday 23 April 2018 3.48pm
E & C has been an area with late-night entertainment and nightlife for years, and one view is that it's nice to have a later bar around there, as an option, rather than a nightclub.
Monday 23 April 2018 10.53pm
I agree entirely that is a good idea to have a late pub, but not a nightclub. It’s very much a residential area nowadays and even more so when all the new flats are populated. I welcomed the opening of the pub. I will go to the Council. Alarming how these things happen when you ain’t looking.
Tuesday 24 April 2018 2.15am
No, its a mixed use area and pubs and clubs are all part of that. I'm unlikely to ever go to a club night at the E+C pub, but I welcome the area becoming more vibrant (and yes, I also live right by it).
Monday 30 April 2018 2.03pm
Given that the Coronet was right across the street and only closed 4 months ago after having provided a massive nightclub/theatre space to the area for over 100 years, it's a bit of an odd protest. As others have said, E&C is a mixed use area and I'd support whatever nightlife the proprietors think makes sense.
Tuesday 8 May 2018 9.07am
I'm confused, are we talking about the E&C pub in the E&C or the one in Vauxhall?
Tuesday 8 May 2018 11.38am
Well, given that the one in Vauxhall is: a) closed and is now a Starbucks ; and b) is located in SW8 not SE1, I'd assumed that we were talking about the pub on The Bend at E+C. I'd also assumed that we weren't talking about the Elephant and Castle pub in Kensington.

That said, I didn't start the thread, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...
Wednesday 9 May 2018 6.12am
sjac wrote:
Well, given that the one in Vauxhall is: a) closed and is now a Starbucks ; and b) is located in SW8 not SE1, I'd assumed that we were talking about the pub on The Bend at E+C. I'd also assumed that we weren't talking about the Elephant and Castle pub in Kensington.
That said, I didn't start the thread, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

I wouldn't dare.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions