London SE1 community website

Southwark’s NRPF

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 21 September 2018 10.28am
Deloris Wallace evicted by Southwark’s NRPF team whilst critically ill in intensive care.
What an awful situation and I wonder how many others have suffered the same fate?
Friday 21 September 2018 11.28pm
I thought only the Housing Department could evict its tenants, not the NRPF (No recourse to public funds) team.

I haven't heard the name before: who is Deloris Wallace?
Saturday 22 September 2018 11.08am
No recourse to public funds is part of the housing department.
Deloris Wallace was receiving support from the team and was evicted from temporary accommodation while fighting for her life in Kings College hospital’s Intensive care unit.
Shame on Southwark!!!!
It’s their duty to care.
Saturday 22 September 2018 4.12pm
Jules I'd never heard of No Recourse to Public Funds team, what exactly do they do?

How in all humanity could they evict this poor lady while she's in intensive care ?
Saturday 22 September 2018 5.54pm
NRPF provide support to vulnerable people whose status is being decided by the Home Office.
Southwark have a duty of care to safeguard clients who need support especially while receiving emergency treatment in hospital.
The next of kin has been told to seek legal advice.
Sunday 23 September 2018 10.11am
Was she a council tenant Shan? If so was the property obtained illegally? Surely the council must have obtained permission from Court?
Sunday 23 September 2018 1.04pm
Hi Jan
She was not a council tenant, she was housed in temporary accommodation as a vulnerable adult.
The temporary accommodation was provided by NRPF.
Monday 24 September 2018 7.43pm
How on earth could they evict her? Words once more fail me!

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions