London SE1 community website

Tower Bridge Buildings, Mill St, not able to apply for residents parking

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 28 January 2019 8.32pm
Hi all, we just moved to Tower Bridge Buildings, Mill Street, and even if the building is older than 10 years, we can't apply for a residents'parking. Could it be a mistake on behalf of Southwark Council? There are cars parked outside on the street in the bays reserved for residents, so it is not like there are no spaces available.
Is there anything we can do to apply for a permit?

Seems rather discriminatory that some are able to park and others don't.
Tuesday 29 January 2019 9.16am
Southwark Parking is now all online and some postcodes have been excluded. I was told I couldn't have visitor parking permits as my block was 'only given permission to be built without parking'. As the block was built almost 50 years ago and I had received permits previously, this seemed unlikely. I challenged this, received an apology and my address was added to the data base and I can get permits - though they are now virtual, rather than paper. I don't know if this will help but if you can prove others have resident parking, they may add your address to the data.

Email: [email protected]
Tuesday 29 January 2019 9.36am
I am not sure about our building, but for sure other close-by buildings have the right to park here. Do you think it helps?
Tuesday 29 January 2019 6.39pm
We live off Bermondsey Street and had a similar experience to alisonanne. After years of paying for permits the outsourced parking firm said "no" last year. Then, when challenged, acknowledged their mistake and issued us with a permit...
Tuesday 29 January 2019 8.20pm
I called several times, they seem to realise there is a problem, and asked us to send them an email to confront them... It is very frustrating as we have to pay for private parking while we wait fkr permit.
ldw
Tuesday 29 January 2019 11.11pm
planning applications developers presenting to my TA are assuring us that there will be no parking for those buying their properties and that they will not be able to apply for parking in our area. We pointed out their residents will probably have more than 1 car and their response: "well they will not be able to park them"!!!
Wednesday 30 January 2019 5.20pm
New developments are different. This is an old property and residents in it have always had the right to parking. They will continue to have that right unless the government changes the law to start revoking such rights.

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions