London SE1 community website

Joe's restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 May 2019 12.57pm
anyone know what happened to Joe's on marshalsea road? or what is planned to move in (if anything)?
Friday 3 May 2019 8.57am
The company that owns Joe's, Comptoir Libanais and others is based in the building. They want the space to expand their offices. Very sad to see it go. Their Spanish Breakfast was awesome.
Friday 3 May 2019 11.52am
oh thanks, didnt realise they were part of a conglomorate! 'tis a shame to lose them.
Tuesday 7 May 2019 10.57am
Hardly a conglomerate. There is still a Joe's on Ludgate Hill, though. A bit of a trek, but they do delivery.
Wednesday 8 May 2019 11.06am
the company that runs them seems to be! https://www.trgplc.com/
Wednesday 8 May 2019 11.18am
My kids will be sad, they liked going in as a treat after school on the odd occasion I could afford it.

Not sure conglomerate is the correct term but it is certainly part of a much larger group: Joe's Kitchen is part of The Restaurant Group which also owns Frankie & Benny's, Wagamama , Garfunkels, Chiquito and a few more smaller chains. Comptoir Libanais is a completely separate group unconnected to The Restaurant Group. I only know this because I have tried for years (unsuccessfully) to get my product into a few of these chains. Although frustratingly a lady who worked in TRG's accounts dept bought from us for personnel use so although we couldn't get the product into the restaurants we still had to deliver the odd box here and there to their offices on Marshalsea.
Wednesday 8 May 2019 12.40pm
Clearly misinformed.
Sunday 12 May 2019 12.09am
boroughbloke wrote:
Clearly misinformed.

Not entirely... they run the Comptoir Libanais concessions at Gatwick and Heathrow.
Sunday 12 May 2019 2.48pm
Well the only time I ever ate at the place was Heathrow T4. I had cause to complain having been charged for 3 drinks that were never served. That would make sense.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions