London SE1 community website

Brothels In Waterloo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 September 2019 9.56pm
What is the sudden attraction of brothels in Waterloo ? One recently closed in Union Street due to very prompt action by Borough & Bankside Police .The one in Ufford Street closed only by the efforts of the landlord in evicting her tenant. Now we have two openly operating in full public view. We need joined up action to stop this and stop it now
Saturday 21 September 2019 10.34pm
For various reasons, bordellos close to major railway stations have always thrived.

The real issue isn't about Waterloo, but about what are the root causes of prostitution generally, regardless of whether the 'oldest profession' is exercised on street corners, in brothels, or by soliciting online.

I have never personally even entertained the idea of paying for sex: I'd rather be celibate than doing so, however there are so many men who do not share this philosophy.

The best way to shut down brothels is for all of us to abstain from using them altogether.
Sunday 22 September 2019 12.07am
Theres two in union street the landlords aware grainger plc but dont care
Sunday 22 September 2019 11.46pm
I do believe the real issue is about brothels in Waterloo and not universal prostitution. The question asked was "What is the sudden attraction of brothels in Waterloo?'
I do not know.
Having lived in Waterloo all my life I have never found the existence of brothels in Waterloo, or anywhere else, attractive. The whorehouse at 83 Blackfriars Road was a blot on the landscape both morally and aesthetically and was gladly missed on its demise. I hope the same will soon be said about those that have recently appeared in the area.

OHRA, I am sure you will continue your fight to get rid of them and keep us informed of your progress. More power to your campaign and more success.
Monday 23 September 2019 11.07am
Hi the 2 in Union Street were closed down very promptly by Borough & Bankside Police unfortunately we have a differentiations team in Waterloo
who do not seem to have the same quick action
Monday 23 September 2019 11.15am
Prostitution has always thrived. Iím not sure whether they still do, but the Wellington Hotel rented rooms out by the hour when I dealt with the then owners a decade or so ago. Some went to those on unpaid assignations. The others strictly cash in hand.
Wednesday 25 September 2019 7.00pm
Could you send me the address of one or two of these 'disgusting' establishments...just so I can protest outside...thanks in advance
Friday 27 September 2019 8.02am
Please, do not fall for this advertising ruse from a first-time poster.
Friday 27 September 2019 10.16am
PingPongMan wrote:
Could you send me the address of one or two of these 'disgusting' establishments...just so I can protest outside...thanks in advance
es on
It would not be appropriate to disclose these address on an open forum to someone we do not know and who has just joined
Tuesday 1 October 2019 6.27pm
OHRA wrote:
PingPongMan wrote:
es on
It would not be appropriate to disclose these address on an open forum to someone we do not know and who has just joined

Whoosh...

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions