London SE1 community website

Dog attack in Nelson Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 27 January 2020 11.22am
Just warn anyone in the area. I was walking through Nelson's Square last Friday about 12:20ninnthe afternoon when a large staffy type dog came bounding up to me and bit me on the arm. It was with its owner, who was very apologetic, but that didn't help when I had blood gushing from my arm. I didn't get a name but he indicated he lived in Rowland Hill House.

There was no warning, snarling or anything...just a bite. If it had have bit a toddler it could have been much worse.

I'd like to thank the staff in the Lord Nelson who were amazing giving me first aid.
Tuesday 28 January 2020 8.16pm
Sorry to hear that Peter, I walk my dog around there and there are some big dogs off leads about, they petrify me!
Don't suppose you have a description of the dog? Think I might stay away.

Hope your arm is mending.
Friday 31 January 2020 1.17pm
It was a young staffy type dog, long legs. Light brown.
Friday 31 January 2020 6.21pm
Peter did you go to hospital and get a tetanus ? Just found out from old friend that her son was bitten by fifteen year old cocker spaniel...he developed sepsis. He went to patients home and dog didn't like men.
Saturday 1 February 2020 6.50pm
I was lucky enough to be seen by the nurse at the Blackfriars medical centre almost immediately, she gave me a tetanus shot. I was also put on a massive dose of antibiotics.
Tuesday 4 February 2020 11.54am
Thank heavens for that tetanus jab Peter , my friends son died he was 51, didn't want to put that if had no jab. Years ago in my garden walking in flip flops, walked into dogs bone that had been broken,cut my toes. Went straight in washed them, poured neat bleach in. Went to GP and had to pressurise him for tetanus jab! He said well you've washed it,bleached it you'll be fine....give me tetanus I said and I will be better!

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions