London SE1 community website

Coronavirus alert

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Tuesday 10 March 2020 1.18pm
Did anyone else hear this tannoy type announcement possibly from TFL 9am this morning..Palestra building Blackfriars Road?
The police van was parked in The Cut the other side of the interminable Thames Water Works...What the heck are they doing all this time? So depressing with talk of lockdown etc

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 10 March 2020 1.54pm
Perth news today...a pop up corona virus tester has had queues since 6am this morning waiting to be tested. Wonder why it's not being trialled here?
Think this stay at home if you have a cold malarkey could be abused though,especially as not all workers are in computers jobs? Or am I being unpleasant?
Wednesday 11 March 2020 9.00am
I doubt it will be abused if employers only start paying stautory sick pay when, as is the case with many employers, they previously paid full wages for st least a certain time at their discretion.
Wednesday 11 March 2020 11.42pm
Paramount wrote:
Did anyone else hear this tannoy type announcement possibly from TFL 9am this morning..Palestra building Blackfriars Road?
The police van was parked in The Cut the other side of the interminable Thames Water Works...What the heck are they doing all this time? So depressing with talk of lockdown etc

there has always been a police car of some sort parked in that area , as long as i can remember
Thursday 12 March 2020 11.18pm
A Palestra based employee has tested positive. Could be to do with that. Or perhaps a public health reminder.
Saturday 14 March 2020 10.02am
Jan the old one wrote:
Perth news today...a pop up corona virus tester has had queues since 6am this morning waiting to be tested. Wonder why it's not being trialled here?
Think this stay at home if you have a cold malarkey could be abused though,especially as not all workers are in computers jobs? Or am I being unpleasant?

And how do you avoid the people in the queue infecting those around them?
Saturday 14 March 2020 9.32pm
Good point Jim!
Sunday 15 March 2020 1.11am
Jan the old one wrote:
Good point Jim!
Bless you!

The best thing I heard today was don't act as though you are afraid of catching it - act as though you already have it and you don't want to pass it on..... Especially to anyone who self-defines as 'old'!

Wondering if we could use this website in any way (hint James) to coordinate support for anyone who is struggling with either the need to self-isolate or some other aspect of this?
Sunday 15 March 2020 10.51am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51895873 : quote "Coronavirus: Isolation for over-70s 'within weeks'"

What will they do, lock us in our homes and post a police guard? Doesn't sound legal to me!
Sunday 15 March 2020 3.33pm
It's actually quite funny:

The stupid now have enough loo-paper to last them till next Christmas and beyond.

The clever are selling their surplus loo-paper on e-bay.

The merely intelligent have run out of loo-paper.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions