London SE1 community website

Covid Mutual Aid UK - find your local group

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 18 March 2020 6.29pm
Corona support network UK

(please note i am not affiliated or anything to do with this website i linked - but thought would be a useful tool )
Wednesday 25 March 2020 10.23pm
ninja999 wrote:
Corona support network UK
(please note i am not affiliated or anything to do with this website i linked - but thought would be a useful tool )

No local SE1 group registered?there's a Southwark group but it doesn't appear very active.

Quite surprised really.
Thursday 26 March 2020 12.50pm
Search by ward rather than postcode. The Chaucer group is very active.
Saturday 28 March 2020 8.52pm
There are a few groups active in SE1, hopefully they will appear on that website at some point. Those in Southwark are organised by ward (not sure about the Lambeth side):

London Bridge and West Bermondsey
Chaucer
Borough and Bankside
North Bermondsey
St George's
Friday 3 April 2020 11.55am
Can I just put a shout out for the Londonbridgecommunity.com group. I got their details from a leaflet through the letterbox, and they've been an absolute lifeline for me. I'm currently "shielding", which means I shouldn't go out at all until 21st June :-(, so they've given me a volunteer (thanks Jeremy!), who's going to pick up my prescription and brings round the bits and pieces of shopping that I need... left at a safe distance obviously!
Also, Southwark Council have been amazing, ringing me to see if I'm OK and sending me a box of emergency supplies.
If there's anyone out there who is also shielding and needs assistance, you need to register with the government website (if you haven't already). It's www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable or 0800 0288327.
Good luck everyone, and stay safe!

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions