London SE1 community website

Injured foxes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 13 May 2020 11.21am
Hello Everyone
A second young fox has just died in my garden after being attacked by an older fox. This latest one was alive when I reached it as I heard and saw the attack from my house. Can anyone advise who might come and rescue injured foxes? Tried to get through to the RSPCA but twice cut off. I'm not able to look after injured foxes in my house. Any advice would be welcome! At least I know the procedure for "disposal" of the body from my property.
Thanks
Wednesday 13 May 2020 12.36pm
Hello

Please google 'The fox project'

Lots of helpful information and advice there
Wednesday 13 May 2020 1.41pm
I've been in touch with the Fox Project (assuming you mean the one based in Essex) which was not really able to help. They suggested I bring the fox to them but not practicable as I don't have a car and public transport not feasible either at the moment. The alternative would be for me to bring the fox into my house and look after it there but I'm not able to do that either. Anyway, I did spend time with the fox, tried to keep it warm but it died about three hours after the attack. But thank you for your reply which was kind of you.
Wednesday 13 May 2020 1.51pm
Sorry wrong info re location of the Fox Project; Kent , not Essex
Wednesday 13 May 2020 4.52pm
Hello

I've never had to call their mobile ambulance before and so was not aware that they couldn't help, but thank you Alberta Ally for showing such kindness.
Wednesday 13 May 2020 6.09pm
Poor little fox, I guess the old one is protecting his territory. There is no mum around?
Saturday 16 May 2020 9.48am
There used to be a 'fox' man who lived near Surrey Quays who would help with injured foxes but can't find any trace of him now on any social media pages.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions