London SE1 community website

Blackfriars Road gang stealing post from mailboxes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 14 July 2020 5.19pm
Hi all,

We just apprehended 2 white males, who got into our building and were trying to steal from postboxes with some kind of skeleton key. They were riding electric scooters, wearing black coloured face masks, white golfing gloves and sportswear. One was wearing a peaky blinders style flat cap and had blue shorts and a white top, with white trainers and black socks, the other wore glasses, had a dark polo shirt on with yellow stripes, and had a Nike Air backpack on. We've reported to the police but thought other residents might want a heads up too.
Wednesday 15 July 2020 8.46pm
Judging from your account, it does not appear anyone was 'apprehended'...
Monday 20 July 2020 10.07am
Sorry - I didn't mean apprehended, I meant we caught them in the act, but they ran off before the police had a chance to catch them. It's frustrating not having an edit button on this forum! Apologies for any confusion, I'm dyslexic, so didn't mean any harm, I just wanted to let other people know about it in case they were having the same issue, or in case they'd seen them around Southwark on their electric scooters.
Monday 20 July 2020 10.22am
Thanks Mary -

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions