London SE1 community website

Vapiano

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 23 July 2020 8.55am
Anyone know what's happening at Vapiano on Southwark St? I'm surprised it's still closed given there's plenty of room for social distancing.
Thursday 23 July 2020 12.56pm
They are close to collapsing. Some of their branches have been rescued, but not all. I canít comment on Southwark Street specifically.
Thursday 23 July 2020 1.00pm
Rescued from administration recently, so I guess the fall out from that will determine which sites re-open.
Thursday 23 July 2020 1.06pm
Some will never reopen. They are hovering on complete implosion.
Thursday 23 July 2020 1.45pm
Both the Bankside and Tower Bridge branches have been reprieved

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 23 July 2020 2.43pm
Bankside, much to my surprise, has always been teeming with people since it opened, so is a fairly safe bet with regard to customers. How that works going forward I guess we'll have to see.
Thursday 23 July 2020 11.32pm
The Bankside branch is definitely reopening soon. There have had people in cleaning. Surprised they werenít open for takeaways, given they have a takeaway counter.
Friday 24 July 2020 9.16pm
It's a shame their olive tree has died. A mate and I many years back discussed setting up a business to rescue plants abandoned in closed shops and offices. There's obviously been a lot of that these past few months.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions