London SE1 community website

Fruit & veg man on Lower Marsh

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 16 September 2020 12.48pm
What's happened to the fruit & veg man who used to be at the Waterloo Rd end of Lower Marsh? He hasn't been there for a few weeks. I think his name is Dave but not 100% sure.
Thursday 17 September 2020 6.44pm
He was back today and was packing up at about 4pm.
Friday 18 September 2020 10.04am
Glad he's still there, he was a saviour during lockdown!
Saturday 19 September 2020 2.49pm
mattyw wrote:
What's happened to the fruit & veg man who used to be at the Waterloo Rd end of Lower Marsh? He hasn't been there for a few weeks. I think his name is Dave but not 100% sure.

I saw him on Weds and Thurs, was there by 10am and was packed away and ready to leave at just after 345pm, so might be a timing issue. Or he might have been poorly when you passed previously. I've not been out much since lockdown until Monday. Lovely man, said hello and greeted me despite me being an incredibly infrequent customer!
Sunday 27 September 2020 2.00pm
If its same chappie..he asked .my wife if I was bothering her about 20 years ago
I felt he could have enquired of me first.
I would have soon informed him of the correct position.

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 29 September 2020 9.26pm
Paramount wrote:
If its same chappie..he asked .my wife if I was bothering her about 20 years ago...

There's certainly nothing wrong with Dave's memory if he can remember you bothering your wife 20 years ago.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions