London SE1 community website

Cllr Leo Pollak

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 17 February 2021 10.02pm
Reading the goings on with interest. I see his unacceptable Twitter bullying behaviour being called by his colleagues as an “error of judgment” and hopes being expressed he will return sometime soon etc, but I think it goes much deeper than that and calling it an error of judgment rather deliberately misses the key point.

At its most basic, ignoring the serious matter bullying of residents aside, Isn’t what Cllr Pollak has done just downright dishonesty and conduct unbefitting of a councillor?

To maintain standards of conduct and behaviour and, just as important, residents’ perceptions that such standards are demanded and maintained, should his colleagues not be calling for his resignation as a councillor given that dishonest behaviour is fundamentally incompatible with an elected role?
Related news & features
Thursday 18 February 2021 2.54pm
This isn’t an “error of judgement” this public sector employee got caught with his stupid trolling account trying to interfere with the legal planning process he is clearly biased - I would ask why was this corrupt politician doing this? I’ll bet it was for his own profit.

Every planning application that the head of planning was involved in should now be called into question, what else has he done to subvert the process to his own ends?
Thursday 18 February 2021 3.25pm
Umm....... is it just me thinking that it's more than a coincidence that the word "NIMBY" was mentioned in two recent supporting comments posted on the same day on the Long Lane ball court planning application, the tone sounds similar to that on his now deleted twitter account about the development? Could this be a certain ex. head of planning again?

From the 12th Feb:
https://planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=neighbourComments&keyVal=QKZ8GLKB03Q00&neighbourCommentsPager.page=5
"London is in desperate need of more housing, I appreciate that local NIMBYs will agree to this but reject any proposals that affect their area."

And also from the 12th

https://planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=neighbourComments&keyVal=QKZ8GLKB03Q00&neighbourCommentsPager.page=4
"I would like to bring your attention to a group of NIMBY minded individuals that have nothing better to do with their time. This group of individuals have started their own marketing campaign labelling that this development will bring "gang violence" and "concrete ghettos" to the area."
Thursday 18 February 2021 4.04pm
A corrupt politician indeed! He must resign his council seat, and there should be an urgent police investigation to see what else he has been up to to circumvent planning processes and laws. I'm beginning to think he has just been caught red-handed but this type of dishonest conduct is encouraged by the council administration and more widely known about/accepted within the Labour council group.
Jac
Friday 19 February 2021 10.05pm
Davey Dave wrote:
Umm....... is it just me thinking that it's more than a coincidence that the word "NIMBY" was mentioned in two recent supporting comments posted on the same day on the Long Lane ball court planning application, the tone sounds similar to that on his now deleted twitter account about the development? Could this be a certain ex. head of planning again?
From the 12th Feb:
https://planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=neighbourComments&keyVal=QKZ8GLKB03Q00&neighbourCommentsPager.page=5
"London is in desperate need of more housing, I appreciate that local NIMBYs will agree to this but reject any proposals that affect their area."

And also from the 12th

https://planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=neighbourComments&keyVal=QKZ8GLKB03Q00&neighbourCommentsPager.page=4
"I would like to bring your attention to a group of NIMBY minded individuals that have nothing better to do with their time. This group of individuals have started their own marketing campaign labelling that this development will bring "gang violence" and "concrete ghettos" to the area."

Umm No not just you. I thought exactly the same when I first heard about this despicable behaviour.
Saturday 20 February 2021 11.31pm
I met with Leo before the pandemic.

We discussed various housing issues I considered to be very important, and he said all the right things I wanted to her.

However, my spider-sense told me not to trust him: something wasn't right...
Wednesday 24 February 2021 9.07pm
I was shocked by Cllr Pollak's dismissive statement re recent events at this evening's Council Assembly, where I was perhaps expecting him to announce his resignation as councillor. Instead we got basically:

"I'm sorry that my tenure as cabinet member for housing was cut short by a 'silly error'. I'll be reaching out to the one or two people directly affected to personally apologise for my error, but really it was their fault for disagreeing with me. I am sure that absolute faith and confidence has been and will be maintained and we can move forward."

No mention of repeated dishonesty occurring over a reasonably protracted length of time, just a suggestion by Leo of an isolated and one-off error. Dishonesty goes a bit further than a "silly error", methinks. No mention of bullying or suppressing legitimate resident concerns. No mention of circumventing planning laws and processes. No mention of reputational damage to other councillors in the Labour group who may - or may not - condone Cllr Pollak's behaviour.
Thursday 25 February 2021 3.42pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
I was shocked by Cllr Pollak's dismissive statement re recent events at this evening's Council Assembly, where I was perhaps expecting him to announce his resignation as councillor. Instead we got basically:
"I'm sorry that my tenure as cabinet member for housing was cut short by a 'silly error'. I'll be reaching out to the one or two people directly affected to personally apologise for my error, but really it was their fault for disagreeing with me. I am sure that absolute faith and confidence has been and will be maintained and we can move forward."

No mention of repeated dishonesty occurring over a reasonably protracted length of time, just a suggestion by Leo of an isolated and one-off error. Dishonesty goes a bit further than a "silly error", methinks. No mention of bullying or suppressing legitimate resident concerns. No mention of circumventing planning laws and processes. No mention of reputational damage to other councillors in the Labour group who may - or may not - condone Cllr Pollak's behaviour.

Exactly an error is “I made a typo” or “mis understood something someone has said,”, not created an anonymous Twitter account with the purpose of denigrating people for having a different opinion.
ldw
Sunday 28 February 2021 10.09pm
He should be kicked out and barred for joining any political group ever, his resignation must be refused they must sack him
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions